23.2.08

Burger Bash

I was recently scrolling through some of my favorite food sites and came upon an advertisement for an event in Shanghai called the "Burger Grill Off", where local restaurants vie for a chance at Burger Stardom. Burgers were also the headline act the recent South Beach Food and Wine Festival where the famous "Shack Burger" from Danny Meyer's Shake Shack was overthrown by the "Schlow Burger" from Chef Micheal Schlow of Boston restaurant, Radius. It got me thinking that perhaps Singapore needs an event like this. I can picture it now, Clarke Quay roped off down the river with booths of restaurants turning out thier signature Burger, capped off by the 1st Annual "Battle of the Burg's", to see who can stuff there face with the most burgers in 5 minutes, sure to attract the world's top extreme eaters. It has the potential for greatness, don't you think? The public get's to vote for it's favorite and the winner takes home bragging rights as well as the trophy, a giant plastic Burger Bun that says "Uniquely Singapore" all over it.
Ok, its a little far fetched but I think it has a chance, we just need a bunch of Burger fanatics to protest, in groups less than three of course, at city hall for the government to sponsor such an event. I know I'll be there, will you? Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a burger grill-off in Singapore, or a bbq smoke-off.

Your burgers are the best I've had in Singapore. And here in London I've got a favourite diner called Lucky 7 with fantastic burgers (choice of Jack, Monterey and Swiss cheese) and the most-satisfying shakes (choice of 3 thickness!). You need to add shakes to the menu!

Brenda