2.7.08

I'm Back

Wow, I think this blogging thing is probably one of the most difficult things to keep up with. It's like going to the gym, at first you are really motivated and excited and then as you get into it you take a day off to rest. One day of rest leads to two and then before you know it, you have been out for a month. In this case like 4 months.

In any event there is always room for reconciliation, an opportunity to get back in the game. So here I write with hopes of turning this thing around. First, some news from the Garage. We will be starting a new promotion called "Fizz and Chips". Pardon the play on words but as you may have guessed we will be featuring Fish and Chips with Champagne and Sparkling wine on Wednesday evenings. In response to our ever popular Burgers and Bottles promotion on Tuesdays, this is a great segway to showcase my obsession recently with the humble fish fry. I have researched, tested and tasted my way through numerous incarnations of the perfect fish and chip and finally have found what I believe will be the standard bearer for all Fish and Chips in Singapore.

The batter is shatteringly crisp and grease less. The fish, pink snapper, flaky and moist. The Chips are hand cut, organic desiree potatoes cooked thrice with a secret method that produces a chip beyond reproach. Of course, we will make our own tartare sauce and provide you with the ubiquitous malt vinegar albeit from a clever serving device.

In my opinion the combination of sparkling wine and fish and chips may be one of the best pairings I have ever had the opportunity to taste. It is quite frankly a match made in heaven. Be it with a special bottle of Krug or a great bottle of Prosecco, the experience of drinking "Fizz" and eating "Chips" is undeniably cool .

The promotion will be running Wednesdays starting the 9th of July with $10 off any bottle of sparkling wine with the purchase of a Fish and Chip. So come down and have some fun. Till next time.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from fish & chip country, Travis. Good to see you're writing again. I'm looking forward to checking out the new additions to the menu when I'm back at year end.

How about writing about your favourite food? I always wondered about what chefs like to eat.