1.1.09

spruce

Wow, what a year!! This has definitely been a year of ups and downs and one I will soon not forget. First and foremost the most exciting thing that has happened to me in my entire life is the expecting of baby boy anytime now, which in itself is a life changing event. I look forward to many sleepless nights in the rocking chair telling him stories of  how one day he will grow up to love bacon as much as is father. I think we should have him eating sushi by the time he is 2. 

Anyway, this year also brought a little sadness as well. After three years on the stove at WineGarage I left to pursue "other opportunities", and I want to thank all of those who were guests, staff and friends for all your support, it was not an easy decision. But, alas I have good news. Coming early this year will be, spruce, a casual breakfast, lunch and dinner spot situated in two restored terrace houses with the most beautiful open air patio I have seen in Singapore just off Tanglin Road. Think freshly baked breads and pastries in the morning with artisan coffee and the morning paper. Lunch will transform into a casual cafe with beautiful fresh salads, sandwiches, soups and handcrafted pasta. By night, relax on the patio with a glass of wine, seasonal cocktail or house aperitif, all while enjoying uncomplicated, simple rustic fare that you have come to know me for. It will be my new home and hopefully yours too. I will have plenty of details to follow in the coming days and months. I can't wait to serve all of you again and finally have a spot to call my own.  

No comments: