22.3.09

Open for Business!!!!

Hello, I am very excited and happy to announce that Spruce is officially open for business. It has been an amazing experience with ups and downs along the way but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I want to first give acknowledgement to my great staff who have embraced the meaning of hospitality and given 110% every step of the way. We most definitely could not have done it without them.



Spruce, aims to be a neighborhood restaurant that serves genuine food and drink with our trademark hospitality. We currently serve breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week from 8am-1030pm. During the midday, we encourage people to stop in and sample our scones and pastries with a pot of tea or coffee or to simply indulge in our signature chocolate chip cookies and decadent double chocolate fudge brownies.



Our coffee and tea has won rave reviews thus far and is backed up by a super rich and thick Hot Chocolate as well as a beautifully fragrant Masala Tea that is filled with aromatic spices and warm steamed milk. But my favorite beverage has to be the mint lemonade with fresh squeezed lemons, mint leaf and homemade sugar syrup.



Brunch offers a great array of breakfast favorites mixed in with some more traditional offerings such as our Cesar salad with crispy poached egg, our signature burger and a beautiful Ahi Tuna Tartar with our house made ciabatta bread.



Overall, I am very happy with the progress for the first week. I thank all of you who have supported me over the years for your valuable feedback, it is much appreciated. Here are the details for the restaurant and I hope that your experience here proves to be a great one.



Spruce

restaurant bar bakery

320 Tanglin Road, Phoenix Park

t: 68365528

email: reservations@spruce.com.sg

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Travis,

It's Brenda, greetings from London. Glad to read about your new venture (via chubby hubby), it looks and sounds awesome!

I love the converted old buildings in Singapore, makes great dining space among the greenery. Haven't quite been able to find the same in London, it's too cold!

Looking forward to visit when I'm home in July.

Good luck!
Brenda

d. said...

Spruce sounds very exciting! looking forward to the weekend so that I can drop by and have brunch! :)

K Lim said...

Hey guys - Your email reservations@spruce.com.sg is bouncing. Looks like you didn't have the account set up right...

550 5.1.1 reservations@spruce.com.sg... User unknown

I drove up about an hour ago (March 30, ~6pm). Thanks for the cookie!

couchpotato said...

Hi Chef Travis,
congratulations on the new place!!
hope you will be able to bring on your soup menu and hanger steak!
hope to drop by soon!

Travelling is a journey said...

Hi Chef, I just wanted to provide some feedback on the restaurant as I went yesterday and left without eating after being seated for 30 mins.

1. My sister and I arrived at 2.10pm and wanted to have lunch. The staff said "Mdm, are you here for lunch or just for drinks because lunch is closed at 2.30pm". I said, "For lunch pls." He said,"Sorry mdm, but we are closed for lunch already." I looked at my watch. It was 2.13pm and told him it's not 2.30pm yet. So he checked and we were told it was only last orders.

2. I ordered the burger as I have read about it, but sadly, there are no more hand cut chips, and I had to have salad I opted to add bacon. My sister wanted fish and chips but there was no more fish. So we ordered rotisserie ckn.

3. The waiter asked me: "What temperature would you like your burger." I was confused and looked at him. Is there cold burger? Anyway, he then asked whether I wanted it medium, well-done" etc.

4. We waited for 20 mins to which i was expecting our meal to be served, when a waitress came and told me that "Sorry, we do not have any more bacon for the burger." At this point, I did not want to try the burger anymore because not only did it not have chips, there was no bacon. I don't know if next I will be told there's no more beef.

5. While waiting, there was some confusion on serving when 2 plates of warm food were brought to 3 diff tables and when we were asked and I said no, it's not ours, the waitress gave a big sigh and walked away.

After the service I experienced, I hope the restaurant will provide better training for the staff and cater enough for the expected patrons. It is pretty basic to have enough potatoes in the kitchen.

I hope to visit your restaurant again, but it will be in a few months time when everything is under control.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,,

Been driving pass that stretch & was wondering why the lightings..anyhow, i met Danny and made my reservation for the weekend. I could not even get a dinner reservation for tomorrow or Fri..

So..looking forward to the brunch this Sunday

-Wl

DD said...

Been there a couple of times but missed the meal times. Great coffee and great wine.

We met briefly. You told me what an Arnold Palmer is.

blendahtom said...

Yo T..

Congrats bro! .. miss u guys

Karen said...

Some suggestions: Please update this page to reflect the fact that you're not actually open at 8am. Also, you could get a cheap answering machine and record a message with your opening hours.

Looking forward to visiting your restaurant!